There were a lot of announcements that came out of the MIX 2010 Conference around Silverlight 4. One was that RIA Services now has a Release Candidate. I have a project that will be utilizing Silverlight 4 with RIA services. I had some functional design stuff that I had built with Silverlight 4 and RIA services with Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 because until the MIX conference that was the only way.
Well a couple things stopped working when I tried to go to Visual Studio 2010 RC with new release of Silverlight 4 that works with VS 2010 RC and RIA Services RC.
I found this reference that described the changes for the RIA Release Candidate that you need to be aware of. Please go here and read through the changes - http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/RiaServices/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3570
Some important things you should be aware of:
- Several of the assemblies changed names.
- There was a bunch of refactoring and classes have moved between different libraries.
- Working with the ValidationException class has changed up a little and will require some modifications.
- There were several changes to the DomainDataSource which broke with my old code.
- There is a conversion wizard upgrade RIA service built in VS 2008 to VS 2010.
- And several more…