If you have not heard, the Exchange Server Deployment Assistant has received a big uplift and streamlining.
I would say this is a necessary tool any organization should utilize as they begin planning for Exchange Online. The tool brings together topics from the Office 365 Service Descriptions, Deployment Guide and TechNet providing a single place to begin planning your Exchange Online deployment. Based on a few simple questions you get information on:
- Single Sign On / ADFS / DirSync
- How to route email through on-premise or directly to EOP
- How to configure hybrid
- Guidance for certificates, network security, bandwidth, unified messaging, mobile devices, client requirements, EOP, public folders, etc.
- Required software
- Required information to collect
- Running the hybrid configuration wizard
This tool really covers all the major activities and recommend that you use it.